What is Digestisan?
A traditional herbal medicinal product used to relieve indigestion, feelings of fullness and flatulence associated with over-indulgence in food or drink or both, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy. Always read the leaflet.
Indigestion is a common problem experienced by many people. Eating more than you need is a common factor but others include a diet rich in fats and alcohol, rushing meals, not chewing food properly and stress.
The most common indigestion symptoms experienced are abdominal discomfort, feeling ‘full of wind’, flatulence or a general feeling of fullness.
Digestisan contains fresh extracts of Artichoke, Dandelion, Peppermint and dried Boldo leaves.
Dosage of Digestisan
Using Digestisan for indigestion: Take 15 to 20 drops in a little water three times daily.
Do not take more than the recommended dose. Not for use in children or those under 18.
Digestisan contains four herbal extracts (tinctures) obtained from herbs organically cultivated in Switzerland. 1ml of Digestisan (equivalent to 38 drops) contains:
- Cynara scolymus (Fresh Artichoke leaves) tincture - 414mg (ethanol 65% V/V)
- Taraxacum officinalis (Fresh Dandelion root & herb) tincture – 414mg (ethanol 51% V/V)
- Peumus boldus (Boldo leaves) – 64mg (ethanol 70% V/V)
- Mentha x piperita (Fresh Peppermint herb) – 28mg (ethanol 65% V/V).
Other ingredients used are ethanol and water.
Who can't use Digestisan
Do not use Digestisan if you are:
- Under 18 years of age
- Allergic to any of the ingredients, plants of the daisy (Asteraceae / Compositae) family, or to Menthol
- Suffering from blockage of the bile duct or intestine, inflammation of the bile ducts and other biliary disorders, gallstones, liver disease, kidney or heart failure or diabetes
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Taking another medicine that is affected by alcohol
If you suffer from heartburn, the peppermint in this product may make the symptom worse.
Like all medicines, Digestisan for indigestion can cause side effects, although not everyone will get them.
Side effects seen with this product (allergic reactions, stomach pain, digestive upset, excessive acid and worsening of gastric reflux and heartburn) are minor, short-lived and should go away by themselves. However, if they are troubling you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are concerned about any side effect or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.